Some of the most common traumatic injuries affect the neck and back. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers routinely represents people who have experienced lumbar, cervical, or thoracic back injuries in Orange County personal injury lawsuits. Causes for these injuries can include:
- Automobile accidents
- Bike accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Trucking accidents
- Construction accidents
If you or a loved one sustained a back or neck injury in an accident caused by an individual or company, our law firm is committed to helping you get the maximum recovery allowable under California law. Complete our online intake form for a free review of your case with a Orange County back and neck injury lawyer who can advise you of your options for pursuing a claim or lawsuit for financial recovery.
Lumbar and Cervical Spine Injuries
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, an injury to a person’s back may become apparent immediately following a collision, or it may go undiagnosed until diagnostic testing such as an MRI or CT confirms the injury. Cervical spine injury settlement amounts can vary widely based on the extent of the injury and its effects on the victim’s life, ranging from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. These funds can compensate for missed time off of work, unemployment, or any other limitations this serious injury can cause. Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers for a free consultation: The lawyers on our team are committed to fighting for fair cervical spine injury settlement amounts.
Herniated discs are also among the most frequently encountered back and neck injuries. Many people sustain a disc herniation in traumatic events when extreme force is put upon the body and the disc (the spongy area between vertebrae) gets pushed out of alignment or bursts. In some cases, a herniated disc gets pushed into contact with the spinal cord, which results in pain and numbness to the arms or legs or a condition called spinal stenosis. The treatments for such conditions are costly and often have a strenuous recovery time, and a spinal stenosis settlement should reflect that. That’s why when you work with Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, you won’t pay a fee until you’ve received a spinal stenosis settlement. Herniated or damaged discs may require the following types of medical treatments or surgery to improve functioning and reduce pain:
- Spine Fusion: This surgery is usually performed to stabilize discs that are the source of a patient’s pain. The fusion may be done to treat a problem such as pain or to provide stability for the back to prevent future injury. A fusion may be performed at any level in the cervical, thoracic, or lumbar spine. Generally, the recovery from a fusion is extensive and may require months of physical therapy.
- Discectomy: This is a procedure to remove a portion of the disc that rests between each vertebra. In this type of spine surgery, the herniated disc is removed to relieve the pressure on the nerves.
- Foramenotomy: A surgical procedure is used to relieve pressure on a nerve, which may be due to a herniated disc or other disc injury. Surgeons performing a foramenotomy remove a portion of bone and other tissue that may be compressing the nerve as it exits the spinal column.
- Disc Replacement: Still relatively uncommon, in spine disc replacement, a surgeon may use bone from a cadaver or harvested bone from the patient to treat specific types of back pain.
- Laminectomy: A procedure performed to relieve pressure on the spinal cord itself, a laminectomy is most commonly used to treat conditions such as spinal stenosis and other types of primarily degenerative back conditions, though a laminectomy may sometimes be used in trauma patients. Sometimes, laminectomies are performed in conjunction with a spine fusion to help stabilize the back when large amounts of bone are removed.
Find a Back and Neck Injury Lawyer in Orange County
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represents those who have had accidents resulting in back and neck injuries throughout California, and we are committed to fair case evaluations for people who have sustained these injuries. Our California back and neck injury attorneys are experienced with the settlement, arbitration, and litigation of cervical and lumbar injury cases. We understand that the nature of these injuries can be very personal and evaluations are not always performed objectively. Put our experience to work for you today and allow a back and neck injury lawyer in Orange County to give you an honest case assessment without any obligation on your end.
Resources for People Who Have Sustained a Back or Neck Injury
- Spinal Conditions
- Back Injuries
- Common Causes of Back and Neck Pain
- Lawyer’s Notebook: Back and Neck Injuries
- Compression Fractures
- Herniated Discs
- Anterior Cord Syndrome
- Central Cord Syndrome
- Diagnosis & Treatments
- Fusion Surgery
- Cost of Care
- Recoverable Damages
- Spinal Cord Accident FAQs
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Slip & Fall
- Injury Information